Why is my printer spooling stuck?
If the printer is stuck on spooling in Windows 10, it’s probably from the Print Spooler service. You will need to restart this service and the codependent ones as soon as possible. Reinstalling the printer driver might also do the trick so make sure you try it out.
How do you cancel a print job that won’t go away?
Type C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Printers and hit Enter on your keyboard. Click and drag to highlight the files. Right-click the selected files. Click Delete.
How do I cancel Print Spooler?
Hold down the Windows Key and press “R” to bring up the Run dialog. Type %systemroot%\System32\spool\printers\ , then press “Enter“. Select all of the files by holding “CTRL” and pressing “A“. Press the “Delete” key to delete all of the files.
How do you fix spooling?
Fix for “The print spooler service is not running” Error in…
- Press “Window key” + “R” to open the Run dialog.
- Type “services. msc“, then select “OK“.
- Double-click the “Printer Spooler” service, and then change the startup type to “Automatic“.
- Restart the computer and try to install the printer again.
Why does my printer keep saying Cancelling?
This problem is relatively common, but it can also be one of the trickiest to diagnose. A continually-canceling print queue could result from outdated printer firmware, overprotective antivirus software, or a failed IP address attached to your printer port settings.
How do I force a print job to cancel?
Cancel printing from Windows
- On the Windows taskbar, at the bottom-right corner of the screen, right-click the Printer icon.
- Select Open All Active Printers.
- In the Active Printers dialog box, select the printer you want.
- In the printer dialog box, select the print job you want to cancel.
- Click Document > Cancel.
How do I force a document to stop printing?
Method C: Use Control Panel to cancel printing
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- In the Open box, type control printers, and then click OK.
- Right-click the icon for your printer, and then click Open. To cancel individual print jobs, right-click the print job that you want to cancel, and then click Cancel.
Can not start print job?
This usually means there is a job stuck in the print queue. 1. Go to Start Menu > Control Panel > Devices and Printers > Right click your printer driver and choose “see what’s printing”. Cancel and delete any stuck print jobs.
Why won’t my HP printer delete a document?
The Print Service might be stuck. Stopping the Service, clearing the print job folder, and restarting the Service may get rid of the issue. If you catch the job quickly enough, print jobs can be cancelled on the printer. The “cancel” button might be labeled as such or might present as a red X.
How do I force cancel a print job in Windows 10?
Open File Explorer. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\Spool\PRINTERS then press Enter on the keyboard. Press Control + A on the keyboard to select all items. Right click on any of the selected items, then select Delete to remove all print jobs.