What paperwork is needed to sell a car NZ?
If you’re selling a vehicle, you must provide: your full name (or organisation’s name) your New Zealand address. your New Zealand driver licence, if you’re letting us know online.
What is a MR3 form?
MR3. Certificate of registration. Lists vehicle and registered person details.
Where can I get MR13A form?
Let Waka Kotahi know you’ve sold a vehicle on their website, or complete a Selling or disposing of a vehicle? (MR13A) form, available at your local PostShop.
What is a MR13B form?
Vehicles that are part of the trader network are not subject to continuous vehicle licensing (CVL). As soon as the Notice by person acquiring motor vehicle form (MR13B) is processed, the vehicle becomes subject to CVL again.
How do you sell a car privately?
How to sell a car privately – a step-by-step guide
- Step 1 – Make sure your car’s in good working order.
- Step 2 – Clean your car.
- Step 3 – Advertise your car.
- Step 4 – Arrange viewings.
- Step 5 – Offer a test drive.
- Step 6 – Agree on a price.
- Step 7 – Sort out the payment.
- Step 8 – Complete the sale.
What forms do you need for change of ownership?
What you should do
- The seller must complete the NCO form and submit it to their registering authority.
- The seller must hand over the registration certificate to the buyer.
- The buyer must complete the Application for registration and licencing of motor vehicle form (RLV) for submission.
How do I change ownership of a car online NZ?
- your New Zealand driver licence (if you don’t have a NZ driver licence you’ll need to go to one of our agents to do this transaction)
- the vehicle’s plate number.
- a Visa/Mastercard credit or debit card or your internet banking details (POLi). The fee is $9.00 incl GST.
How do I get car ownership papers?
Go to your nearest registering authority and bring along your identity document and complete form DRC (Application for Duplicate Registration/Deregistration Certificate in respect of Motor Vehicle) and form DCT (Declaration in respect of Lost Documents). Bear in mind that only a title holder can request a duplicate.
Can you do change of car ownership online?
You can now apply to transfer the ownership of a vehicle online, which makes the whole process faster and easier.
What documents are required for change of ownership of car?