What is there to do in Colorado Springs on Christmas?
There’s always lots to do during the holiday season in Colorado Springs, and you can explore even more events and activities here!
- Festival of Lights Parade.
- Skate in the Park.
- Santa Express Train.
- Yule Tea To-Go at Glen Eyrie Castle.
- Victorian Christmas.
- Cheyenne Mountain Zoo’s Electric Safari.
Where are the best Christmas light displays in Colorado Springs?
Where To See Local Holiday Lights
- 6526 Alliance Loop, Colorado Springs, CO 80925.
- 7145 Appletree Loop, Colorado Springs, CO 80925.
- 6169 Decker Dr, Colorado Springs, CO 80925.
- 10284 Deer Meadow Cir, Colorado Springs, CO 80925.
- 3763 Winter Sun Dr, Colorado Springs, CO 80925.
- 10512 Kalama Dr, Colorado Springs, CO 80925.
What is there to do in Colorado Springs in December 2020?
Top 13 Winter Adventures in Colorado Springs
- COLORADO JEEP TOURS.
- GREAT OUTDOORS ADVENTURES.
- THE BROADMOOR SEVEN FALLS.
- CAVE OF THE WINDS MOUNTAIN PARK.
- ROYAL GORGE BRIDGE & PARK.
- MANITOU CLIFF DWELLINGS.
- HORSEBACK RIDING.
- COLORADO WOLF & WILDLIFE CENTER.
What is the most Christmassy town in Colorado?
Breckenridge. This is hands down top of the list when it comes to Christmas towns in Colorado, simply because it has the Race of the Santas. Hundreds of participants dressed up as Santa (almost certainly including you) take on a 5K race in the heart of the town.
What do people wear in Colorado Springs in December?
- Long pants, even for the warm days. The wind and the shade will quickly remind you it’s winter.
- T-shirts. Yes, even in winter. We will get those warm days and you might as well soak up the sun while you can.
- Long sleeve shirts.
- Boots, for snow or hiking.
How much snow does Colorado Springs get in December?
The average sliding 31-day snowfall during December in Colorado Springs is gradually decreasing, starting the month at 1.7 inches, when it rarely exceeds 4.2 inches, and ending the month at 1.4 inches, when it rarely exceeds 3.6 inches.
Where can I see Santa in Colorado Springs?
Paint with Santa. Location: Color Me Mine-Chapel Hills Mall, 1710 Briargate Blvd, Colorado Springs, CO 80920.
Where can I see Christmas lights in Colorado?
Where to see lights
- Cherry Creek North Winter Wanderland – Nov. 18 – Dec.
- The Mile High Tree – Nov.
- Blossoms of Light – Nov.
- Denver Zoo Lights – Nov.
- Luminova Holidays – Nov.
- 2021 Light the Lights – Nov.
- Grand Illumination – Nov.
- Night Lights Denver – Every Tuesday through Sunday evening – permanent installation.
Is Colorado Springs worth visiting in winter?
In fact, Colorado Springs is an excellent place to visit in the winter months. It doesn’t have the big-city vibes of Denver, but with amazing scenery and few unique attractions, there are plenty of things to do in Colorado Springs in the winter.
Where is the best place for Christmas in Colorado?
16 Best Christmas Towns in Colorado
- Durango. Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad.
- Breckenridge. Breckenridge.
- Telluride. Skiing Santa in Telluride.
- Aspen. Aspen ski gondola and town.
- Georgetown. Historical buildings in Georgetown, Colorado.
- Estes Park. Estes Park.
- Colorado Springs.
How do people in Colorado prepare for winter?
Request your free emergency hammer today!
- HOME. • Insulate your walls & attic. • Caulk doors & windows. • Have chimney inspected.
- AUTO. • Check the antifreeze level. • Replace wiper blades if necessary.
- PERSONAL SAFETY. • Always wear temperature appropriate clothing, such as hats, gloves, scarves, etc.