What is the road safety week?
Road Safety Week is observed from January 11th to January 17th every year. It aims at making the roads and streets in India safer. During this week-long yearly campaign, the government spreads awareness about how to drive safely in order to avoid accidents and injuries.
What is the aim of observing Road Safety Week?
Road safety week is a national event aimed at raising public awareness about traffic rules and ultimately to reduce casualties due to road accidents. It is also intended to reinforce road safety behavior among road users.
What is meant by road safety?
Road traffic safety refers to the methods and measures used to prevent road users from being killed or seriously injured. Typical road users include pedestrians, cyclists, motorists, vehicle passengers, horse riders, and passengers of on-road public transport (mainly buses and trams).
What are the 5 safety rules in school?
Here are a few such rules:
- Students should cooperate with the transportation staff at all times.
- Be on time.
- Wait in an orderly line.
- Cooperate if assigned a seat.
- Do not carry harmful or dangerous articles.
- Do not use tobacco.
- Do not write upon, disfigure or destroy school property.
Why road safety is very important to us?
It is very important to be aware that road traffic injuries remain an important public health problem. When road safety products are utilized correctly or efficiently, they can help save lives, prevent accidents and injuries, and keep a society functioning in the most optimal way.
How do you ensure safety in a lab?
LABORATORY PRECAUTIONS AND SAFETY PROCEDURES
- No food or drink is allowed in lab unless food or drinks are provided as a part of the lab.
- Shoes must be worn in lab.
- If you have very long hair, please tie it back in the laboratory.
- Handle chemicals, reagents, and stains carefully and follow all warnings.
What do you mean by safety first?
said to mean that it is best to avoid any unnecessary risks and to act so that you stay safe.
How can we reduce road accident?
IMPORTANT WAYS TO AVOID ACCIDENTS
- Drive in the prescribed speed limits on the various roads.
- Always put on helmets, seat belts and other safety equipments before driving a bicycle/ motor cycle/vehicle.
- Do not drink and drive.
- Never use mobile phones or ear phones while driving.
What are the safety rules that are to be followed in chemistry laboratory?
Health and Hygiene Avoid direct contact with any hazardous chemical. Know the types of protective equipment available and use the proper type for each job. Confine long hair and loose clothing and always wear footwear which fully covers the feet. Do not mouth pipette.
Why do you need to study the safety precautions in the chemistry laboratory?
When lab safety procedures aren’t followed, people can get hurt–or worse. Chemical spills, toxic fumes, needle pricks, and fires can harm lab workers, while errors in how medications are handled and distributed can harm patients.