What is the example of comma?
Rule 1. Use commas to separate words and word groups in a simple series of three or more items. Example: My estate goes to my husband, son, daughter-in-law, and nephew. Note: When the last comma in a series comes before and or or (after daughter-in-law in the above example), it is known as the Oxford comma.
What is the best topic for lovers?
25 Topics to Talk About in a Happy Relationship
- Topics to talk about in a relationship.
- 25 interesting topics to talk about.
- #1 Plans for the weekend. Talk about your weekend plans together even if it’s still Monday evening.
- #2 Compliments.
- #3 Daily worries.
- #4 Work.
- #5 The little secrets.
- #6 Movies and TV shows.
What do you use after for example?
Use a semicolon before such words and terms as namely, however, therefore, that is, i.e., for example, e.g., for instance, etc., when they introduce a complete sentence. It is also preferable to use a comma after these words and terms.
What are the 8 rules for commas?
Commas (Eight Basic Uses)
- Use a comma to separate independent clauses.
- Use a comma after an introductory clause or phrase.
- Use a comma between all items in a series.
- Use commas to set off nonrestrictive clauses.
- Use a comma to set off appositives.
- Use a comma to indicate direct address.
- Use commas to set off direct quotations.
How do I find my research topic?
Use the steps below to guide you through the process of selecting a research topic.
- Step 1: Brainstorm for ideas.
- Step 2: Read General Background Information.
- Step 3: Focus on Your Topic.
- Step 4: Make a List of Useful Keywords.
- Step 5: Be Flexible.
- Step 6: Define Your Topic as a Focused Research Question.
How do you start a list?
Format for Lists
- Use a colon to introduce the list items only if a complete sentence precedes the list.
- Use both opening and closing parentheses on the list item numbers or letters: (a) item, (b) item, etc.
- Use either regular Arabic numbers or lowercase letters within the parentheses, but use them consistently.
What is the correct abbreviation for example?
Do we put comma after for example?
Use either a comma or a semicolon before introductory words such as namely, that is, i.e., e.g., for example, or for instance, when they are followed by a series of items. Also put a comma after the introductory word: (35) You may be required to bring many items, for example, sleeping bags, pans, and warm clothing.
Is for example a conjunctive adverb?
Conjunctive adverbs look like coordinating conjunctions (and, but, or, so, for, yet, nor); however, they are not as strong as coordinating conjunctions and they are punctuated differently. A conjunctive adverb is also used in a single main clause.
Is for example correct?
For example is very widely used in English. For an example may be technically correct, however it is almost never used in conversation or writing.
How do you write for example?
How to Use i.e. and e.g. Correctly
- i.e. is the customary abbreviation for “that is.” It is derived from the Latin term “id est.”
- e.g. is the customary abbreviation for “for example.” It is derived from the Latin phrase “exempli gratia.”
Can we write points in essay?
Bullet points are frowned upon in the essays. The structure of the essays should be formal, while the tone may deviate slighly from formal conventions (you don’t want to sound like you have a stick up your rear). Also, in your essays – should you mention numbers or rather write them – eg. small numbers write out…
Which type of sentence is this?
declarative sentence (statement) interrogative sentence (question) imperative sentence (command) exclamative sentence (exclamation)
Can for example start a sentence?
Yes, you can start a sentence with ‘for example’. ‘For example’ is a prepositional phrase that is built using the preposition ‘for’.
What are the 4 types of commas?
There are four types of comma: the listing comma, the joining comma, the gapping comma and bracketing commas. A listing comma can always be replaced by the word and or or: Vanessa seems to live on eggs, pasta and aubergines. Vanessa seems to live on eggs and pasta and aubergines.
What is a example?
(Entry 1 of 2) 1 : one that serves as a pattern to be imitated or not to be imitated a good example. 2 : a punishment inflicted on someone as a warning to others also : an individual so punished. 3 : one that is representative of all of a group or type.
What is a topic list?
Topic Lists are similar to Tags in the sense that they give you a convenient way to organize your pages, only topics allows you to create a hierarchy of categories to sort your pages as well.
How do I find a master thesis topic?
5 Quick Tips for Choosing a Master’s Dissertation or Thesis Project
- Pick a topic that can be done quickly. It’s not a Ph.
- Evaluate the job market. Have a look what technical skills are being asked by the employers in your domain.
- You need to be passionate about the project.
- Identify your career trajectory.
What is a another word for example?
Some common synonyms of example are case, illustration, instance, sample, and specimen. While all these words mean “something that exhibits distinguishing characteristics in its category,” example applies to a typical, representative, or illustrative instance or case.
What is the topic of your thesis?
One of the most important concerns in choosing a thesis topic is that the topic speaks to an area of current or future demand. A good thesis topic is a general idea that is in need of development, verification or refutation. Your thesis topic should be of interest to you, your advisor, and the research community.
How do you list a topic in an essay?
Use a new sentence or independent clause to introduce the list. Use a colon to signal that the list will be a long one, or use commas to separate items in a short list. If you have to separate the items in the list, then a semicolon splits items of over three words and items with commas in them.
How do I list Kafka topics?
- To start the kafka: $ nohup ~/kafka/bin/kafka-server-start.sh ~/kafka/config/server.properties > ~/kafka/kafka.log 2>&1 &
- To list out all the topic on on kafka; $ bin/kafka-topics.sh –list –zookeeper localhost:2181.
- To check the data is landing on kafka topic and to print it out;