What is the best selling YA book of all time?
It’s not a surprise at all that Harry Potter is the number one best selling young adult (noted middle grade, too) series.
What should I read in YA 2020?
Without further ado, here are the most exciting YA books to look forward to in the first half of 2020.
- One of Us Is Next. by Karen M.
- All the Days Past, All the Days to Come. by Mildred D.
- The Conference of the Birds. by Ransom Riggs.
- The Queen’s Assassin.
- Ember Queen.
- The Kingdom of Back.
- The Vanishing Deep.
What books are considered YA?
Young adult fiction (also referred to as “YA fiction” for short) describes works written for readers between the ages 12 and 18, which can emerge from any fiction genre but will always share certain characteristics specific to the young adult reading category.
What is the most popular YA book genre?
Some of the most common YA genres include contemporary fiction, fantasy, romance, and dystopian. Hybrid genres are also common in YA.
Can 13 year olds read YA books?
13 year olds aren’t keen on books about 11 year olds, but they may not be ready to read the more serious and mature titles on the YA shelves.
Can 11 year olds read YA books?
While publishers label many YA books as appropriate for ages 12 and older, including the best sellers Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon and To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han, some librarians find that younger students in this range may not be interested in reading about romance and relationships, which …
What books should a 17 year old read?
Young Adult Books (13-17 years old)
- To Kill A Mockingbird. By Harper Lee.
- The Grapes of Wrath. By John Steinbeck.
- Lord of the Flies. By William Golding.
- A Separate Peace. By John Knowles.
- The Giver. By Lois Lowry.
- The Hobbit. By J.R.R. Tolkien.
- Ender’s Game. By Orson Scott Card.