Is National Archives UK reliable?

Is National Archives UK reliable?

The National Archives is the official archive and publisher for the UK government and for England and Wales. It is the guardian of some of our most iconic national documents, dating back over 1,000 years.

How do I contact UKBA application status?

The contact centre (0300 123 2241) is available from Monday to Thursday, between 9am to 4:45pm, and on Fridays between 9am to 4:30pm. You will be able to make enquiries about the status of your application, and to track your visa application UK.

Is the National Archives a government department?

We are a non-ministerial department, and the official archive and publisher for the UK Government, and for England and Wales.

Can you access National Archives online?

You can search and retrieve individual electronic records from a selection of archival structured databases online via the Access to Archival Databases (AAD) resource at

Why did Britishers build archives?

The British felt that all the important letters and documents must be carefully preserved. So they set up record rooms attached to administrative institutions, and institutions such as archives and museums were also established for preserving records.

Can You Trust National Archives?

The site is definitely a research-based resource. You won’t see bright colors, animation, or other items that make it feel like it was designed for kids. However, its content can help kids learn about history, the U.S. population, and government and can be used to supplement papers, reports, and classroom instruction.

How do I contact the BRP delivery team?

If you have received your visa decision then you should get an email from the courier TNT to confirm that your BRP card is to be delivered. You must contact TNT directly and re-arrange delivery by calling them on 0345 608 0630 with your reference number.

How do I speak to someone at the Home Office?

Those requiring advice from UK Visas and Immigration should call 0300 123 2241, for HM Passport Office call 0300 222 0000, for Immigration Enforcement call 0300 123 7000 and for Home Office general enquiries call 020 7035 4848. Read our terms and conditions and moderation policy.

Who owns National Archives?

the United States government
The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) is an independent agency of the United States government charged with the preservation and documentation of government and historical records. It is also tasked with increasing public access to those documents which make up the National Archive.