Is Google Docs completely free?
Google Docs is free for the average user. If you want to purchase a “Business” version of G Suite, monthly plans start at $5 per user. It’s going to cost you more to get started with Microsoft Word.
What does Google Docs allow you to do?
At its most basic level, Google Docs lets you create, edit and share documents, spreadsheets, presentations, forms and drawings. You can even upload Microsoft Office files directly into Docs, or downloads Docs files in Microsoft Office formats. But what else can it do?
How do I password protect a Google Drive folder on my computer?
- Right – click the folder you want.
- Press “Add to archive…”
- Optional: Set Archive format to “ZIP”
- Select from “General the button that reads : “Set password…”
- Type in the password.
- press “OK”
- Your done.
How do you secure a Google Doc?
Open the document in question and head to File > Protect Document > Encrypt with Password. Pick a password for the file and make sure you remember it—if you forget, that file will be lost forever. Then upload that file to Google Drive.
How do I save a Google Doc to my computer?
Download a copy of a file
- On your computer, open a Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, or Forms home screen.
- Open a document, spreadsheet, or presentation.
- At the top, click File. Download as.
- Choose a file type. The file will download onto your computer.
How do you convert a Google Doc to a PDF on a Mac?
How to save a document as PDF on Mac (from Google Chrome)
- Open Google Chrome and browse to the webpage you wish to save as PDF. For the purpose of this document, we will use Google.com.
- In the “Print” window, click on the “Change” button underneath the print “Destination”
- Under “Local Destinations”, select “Save as PDF”
- Click on “Save”.
How do I save a Google Doc to my Mac?
Method 3 of 3: Downloading a Google Doc
- Open a document. Double-click the document that you want to download to open it.
- Click File. It’s in the top-left corner of the page.
- Select Download as. This option is near the top of the drop-down menu.
- Select your preferred file format.
- Wait for your file to download.
How do I do Google Docs?
How to use Google Docs
- Step 1: Create a document. To create a new document: On your computer, open the Docs home screen at docs.google.com.
- Step 2: Edit and format. To edit a document:
- Step 3: Share & work with others. You can share files and folders with people and choose whether they can view, edit, or comment on them.