How would you define friendship?
Friendship for most people is a combination of affection, loyalty, love, respect, and trust. True friendship is when someone knows you better than yourself and takes a position in your best interests in a crisis. Friendship goes beyond just sharing time together, and it is long lasting.
What are some good rules of friendship?
6 Rules for Healthy Friendships
- Support, trust, and honesty are givens. Everyone needs a support network — and friendships are the bedrock of our social support systems.
- Listen to your friends.
- Ditch the judgment.
- Don’t talk behind a friend’s back.
- Respect your friends — and their boundaries.
Do most friendships last?
Maintaining a lifelong friendship isn’t easy. In fact, a 2009 Dutch study found that a large majority of friendships only last about seven years. Like any relationship, friendships take work if you want them to last.8
What do you say to a true friend?
What to Say to Someone
- You are more fun than anyone or anything I know, including bubble wrap.
- You are the most perfect you there is.
- You are enough.
- You are one of the strongest people I know.
- You look great today.
- You have the best smile.
- Your outlook on life is amazing.
- You just light up the room.
What is the law of friendship?
A person will not buy from you until convinced that you are a friend and acting in his or her best interests. This is called the “friendship factor” in sales. The undeniable fact is that almost all successful business relationships are built on friendships between the parties.
Why do friendships not last?
Friends change, people move away (emotionally and physically), and most of our friendships will not last forever. Live Science says that “when it comes to your close friends, you lose about half and replace them with new ones after about seven years.”14