How do you program a VTech phone?
Through the Phone Menu:
- Navigate using the phone buttons to Menu > Admin Settings > Select.
- Press the 123 soft key to change encoding to lowercase letters, then enter admin as the password.
- Scroll down to Reset to Default.
- Press the Yes soft key to confirm the factory reset.
How do I fix my VTech?
Reset your Phone If your telephone is not operating normally, disconnect the battery(s) from the handset and disconnect power from the base. After a few minutes, connect power to the base, install the battery(s) and cradle the handset in the base to allow it to establish a link. You can now try using your phone again.
How do you set up voicemail on a VTech 5.8 phone?
Set up the answering machine that came with your Vtech 5.8 phone. To activate your voice mail, press the “Answer on/off” button at the base of the main cordless phone. Press “Setup” and then use the arrows to set the number of rings before the answering machine picks up.
Why is my VTech answering machine not working?
1) Make sure your answering system is plugged into a live telephone jack and power source. 2) Make sure your answering system is turned on. 3) Some answering systems have an announce only option, which plays your greeting but won’t record messages. Make sure your system is set to record messages.
Where is program button on VTech phone?
Pick up the VTech cordless phone from the base. When the handset is not in use, press the “Prog” button, which will access the programmable directory.
How do I sync my VTech phone to the base?
On the base station, press the HANDSET LOCATOR button for at least four seconds, and then release the button. Both LEDs on the base station begin to flash. Press the # key on the handset to begin registration. The process takes up to 10 seconds to complete.
Why is my Vtech baby monitor not working?
Check the power supply and make sure it’s securely plugged in. You should only use the power supply provided with your baby monitor. Make sure the electrical outlet is working and not controlled by a wall switch. Make sure both the parent unit and baby unit are turned on.
Why is my Vtech answering machine not working?
How do I set up voicemail on my VTech home phone?
Steps to Follow
- First of all, dial your own phone number and when you hear the standard system greeting, press the * button instantly.
- Next, you will have to set up your passcode.
- Then, you will be prompted to set up your voicemail greeting.