How do you cite a magazine article in APA in text?
You would include the URL of the magazine’s home page in your reference.
- General Format. In-Text Citation (Paraphrase): (Author Surname, Year) In-Text Citation (Quotation):
- Example 1. In-Text Citation (Paraphrase): (Henry & Mehta, 1990) In-Text Citation (Quotation):
- Example 2. In-Text Citation (Paraphrase): (Kuttner, 2003)
How do you cite court cases in APA 7?
Sample Citations – Cases or Court Decisions
- Reference list: Name v. Name, Volume U.S. Page (Year). URL.
- Parenthetical citation: (Name v. Name, Year)
- Narrative citation: Name v. Name (Year)
How do you cite a case with multiple defendants?
General Rules for Case Names
- Individual Person – Only use the last name, omitting any job title or descriptive terms.
- Multiple Parties – Only cite the first party on each side and omit words indicating multiple parties.
What is pinpoint law?
Pinpoint – Pinpoint references are used when referring to a specific point in the judgment and are preceded by a comma and a space. The full case citation is used, followed by the specific page references. If identifying the particular judge being cited, put their name in round brackets after the pinpoint.
What does R mean in legal terms?
Wade) or by an initial (D v D). In titles such as R v Adams, however, the initial “R” is usually an abbreviation for the Latin Rex or Regina, i.e. for the Crown. (For an explanation of other terms that may appear in case titles, see the Glossary of legal terms.)
How do you pinpoint cite?
A pinpoint citation, often called a pincite, is necessary to point the reader to specific the page(s) within the case. Pincites are placed after the page on which the case begins, separated by a comma and a space. A pincite may consist of a page range or multiple pages that are not consecutive.
What does R stand for in a case citation?
R = If R is mentioned in the case name (example: R v Sloppenhorn), this would be a criminal case. “R” stands for Regina, which is Latin for the Queen. The Crown of Canada (aka Regina) is thus a party to the case.
How do you cite an editorial in text?
If there is no author, cite using the title of the editorial first and then the date. If the author is noted in the text then leave the author’s name out of the in text citation.