How do I force a URL to open in Chrome?
However, you can open a URL using a shortcut to a non-default browser using these steps:
- Right-click a blank area of the desktop and select “New” > “Shortcut“.
- Provide the name for the shortcut. You will probably want to use the name of the website in most cases.
- Select “Next“.
- Select “Finish“.
How do I open a link in a different browser Mac?
You can also open link in new tab by using the Mac keyboard shortcut: Hold down the COMMAND key and then click on the link you wish to open. The shortcut is the same for both Safari and Chrome. This shortcut will automatically open the link in a new tab adjacent to your current tab.
How do I make Chrome open links in a new window?
Originally Answered: How do I make Chrome open links in a new window? Right click on link and choose ‘open link in new window’. Or hold down the shift key and click on the link. It will be opened in new window.
Can you set a default browser for specific websites Mac?
Changing the default browser on a Mac is simple and quick. On your Mac, click the Apple menu in the top left of the screen, open System Preferences, and click the General icon. On the General screen, click the drop-down box next to Default web browser and change the selection to your preferred program.
How do I make Chrome open links instead of Safari Mac?
How to change the default browser on Mac from System Preferences
- Select “System Preferences” to open it. Grace Eliza Goodwin/Insider.
- Go to “General” in System Preferences.
- Click the drop-down next to “Default web browser.”
- Under “Chrome,” select “Preferences.”
- Click “Make default.”
- Click “Use ‘Chrome.'”
How do I change the opening link in Chrome on my iPhone?
If you make Chrome your default browser, any links you click will open automatically in Chrome….Download Chrome for iPhones and iPads.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Chrome app .
- Tap More. Settings.
- Tap Default browser.
- Tap Open Chrome settings. Default browser app.
- Set Chrome as your Default browser app.
How can we force a link to open a URL in a different browser?
- Right-click the link (on mac, use control+click), and select the option to copy the link.
- Open up a different web browser (Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Safari), and paste the copied link into the address bar of the alternative browser.
- Press Enter to go to the site.
How do I make Chrome open links on Mac?
How to change your default browser on Mac from the browser’s settings
- Open Chrome.
- In the toolbar at the very top of your screen, click Chrome and select Preferences in the drop-down.
- Scroll down to the Default browser section and click Make default.
How do I open links in a new tab in Chrome on a Mac?
Open a new tab
- Windows & Linux: Ctrl + click a link.
- Mac: ⌘ + click a link.
How do I make Chrome my default browser on Mac?
How to Make Chrome the Default Web Browser for Mac
- Pull down the Apple menu and choose “System Preferences”
- Go to “General”
- Look for “Default Web Browser” and choose ‘Google Chrome’ or ‘Google Chrome Canary’ as the default web browser you’d like to use.
- Close System Preferences.