How do I configure and activate a VLAN?
Enable VLAN Support
- Choose Switch configuration.
- Choose Advanced Features.
- Choose VLAN Menu…
- Choose VLAN Support.
- Set Enable VLANs to Yes if it is not already, and choose a number of VLANs.
- Restart the switch to apply the changes.
Where do you configure a VLAN?
Select Switching>VLAN>Basic > VLAN Configuration. Create a static VLAN by specifying a VLAN ID and VLAN name, and, from the VLAN Type menu, selecting Static. Click the Add button. The new VLAN is added to the configuration.
How do I set the default VLAN on a Cisco switch?
To configure the default gateway for the switch, use the ip default-gateway command. Enter the IP address of the default gateway. The default gateway is the IP address of the router interface to which the switch connects. Use the following command to backup the configuration: copy running-config startup-config.
How do I add a VLAN to a VLAN database?
Configuring Vlan using VLAN database mode:
- Issue the “vlan database” command at the enable prompt in order to enter the VLAN database mode.
- Issue the “vlan vlan-id> name vlan-name” command at the vlan database prompt in order to add an Ethernet VLAN and assign it a number.
How do I add a VLAN to my Cisco router?
To add a VLAN and enter config-VLAN submode on a switch, use the vlan command in global configuration mode. To name a VLAN on a switch, use the name command in VLAN configuration mode. To set the interface type, use the switchport mode command in interface configuration mode.
How do I setup a VLAN in Windows 10?
- Go to Windows Device Manager.
- Open the properties of the port where you want to configure the VLAN.
- Go to the VLAN tab.
- Click the New button.
- Type the VLAN ID number into the VLAN ID box.
- Accept the VLAN name entered by default or type in a new name.
- Click OK.
How do I assign a default gateway to a VLAN?
To configure the default gateway for the switch, use the ip default-gateway command. Enter the IP address of the default gateway. The default gateway is the IP address of the router interface to which the switch is connected. Use the copy running-config startup-config command to back up your configuration.
What is the default VLAN isolation for the Cisco me switch?
By default, the Cisco ME switch provides VLAN isolation between UNIs or ENIs. UNIs and ENIs cannot exchange traffic unless they are changed to NNIs or assigned to a UNI-ENI community VLAN.
Which ports are Enis by default on the Me 3400e-24ts-m switch?
No ports are ENIs by default. Note On the Cisco ME 3400E-24TS-M switch, the dual-purpose ports serve as the uplink ports and are NNIs by default. If the switch is running the metro access image, only four ports on the switch can be configured as NNIs at one time.
What is the module number on a Cisco me switch?
• Module number — The module or slot number on the switch (always 0 on the Cisco ME switch). • Port number—The interface number on the switch. The port numbers always begin at 1, starting with the leftmost port when facing the front of the switch, for example, fastethernet 0/1 or gigabitethernet 0/1.
What are the default ports on a Cisco me switch?
By default, all the 10/100 ports on the Cisco ME switch are configured as UNIs, and the SFP module ports are configured as NNIs. You can also configure the port type as ENI.