Can I use Oracle with PHP?
Many data-related operations can be performed in PL/SQL faster than extracting the data into a program (for example, PHP) and then processing it. Oracle also supports Java stored procedures. In this tutorial, you will create a PL/SQL stored procedure and call it in a PHP script.
How to connect to remote Oracle Database using PHP?
PHP remote connection to Oracle database operation method
- Step 1: let PHP support OCI.
- Step 2: after wampserver is running, check PHP ﹐ oci8 in PHP > PHP extensions.
- Step 3: Oracle database file configuration.
- Step 4: check whether oci8 is configured successfully.
How to connect PHP to Oracle 10g database?
How to connect to Oracle database with PHP
- STEP 1: First install the WAMP server and Oracle 11g.
- STEP 4: To activate the PHP extension, edit the php.
- STEP 6: Open the D:\Oracle11g\product\11.2.
- STEP 7: Now you can write your code to connect to Oracle database.
What is oci8?
Description. The OCI8 extension lets you access Oracle Database. Use ‘pecl install oci8’ to install for PHP 8.1. Use ‘pecl install oci8-3.0. 1’ to install for PHP 8.0.
Is PHP open-source language?
PHP is an open-source server-side scripting language that many devs use for web development.
Is PHP open source language?
How install OCI8 on Windows?
- Download instantclient and place “C:\instantclient_11_2”
- Set environment variable for C:\instantclient_11_2.
- Check your php version i.e. PHP Version 5.6.15.
- Un-Comment “extension=php_oci8_11g.dll” in php.ini and restart apache.
- check php_info(), oci8 should be enabled. Thats all.
How do I connect to OCI database?
- Open the navigation menu. Click Oracle Database, then click Bare Metal, VM, and Exadata.
- Choose your Compartment.
- Find the DB system you’re interested in, and click the name.
- Click DB Connection.
- Click the applicable link to view or copy the connection string.
How configure OCI8 in PHP?
Oracle OCI8 PHP Installation
- Step 1: Download Oracle Instant Client Basic AND SDK Packages.
- Step 2: Install the Oracle Instant Client Basic and SDK Packages.
- Step 3: Download the OCI8 Extension from PECL.
- Step 4: Build the PHP OCI8 Module.
- Step 5: Install the OCI8 PHP Module.
- Step 6: Restart Apache to Load New Changes.